This can happen due to various reasons for example if the drivers are corrupted, if you didn’t follow the correct installation procedure, due to network connectivity issues, etc. When you face an HP Printer Installation Failed problem, the first thing you should do is restart your PC, Printer and router. To do so, follow the steps below:
- To restart your router, press the power button on the router or just unplug the power cord.
- To restart the HP Printer, turn it off first and then disconnect any Ethernet or USB cables.
- Now to restart your computer, first close all the running apps and slow it down.
- Plug the power cord to the router and wait for it to start. Wait until all the LEDs display.
- Switch on your printer and your computer from the power button.
After performing the restart, you can continue with the installation procedure once again. If the issue persists, then read the complete HP Printer Installation failed error guide on our HP Support blog page.